David and The Lingering Sadness...

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Korean Keyboards

I got up early this morning with the intent on doing a couple of things. During my hot, morning shower I stood there weighting up the option of going out in the cold, or staying home in my nice, warm apartment. I really didn’t want to go and deal with this silly cold weather (see, I’ve become even more lazy since quitting taekwondo!) but I convinced myself that once I was outside then I’d be alright and be happy that I made the effort.
What I needed to buy was a Korean keyboard that I could use back home while I was back home in Oz (that I mentioned before) and walked down to the road to a computer store. The actual computer store burnt down 2 or 3 months ago, but I do recall seeing a new sign in an adjacent building and figured they had relocated there. They hadn’t, but it was just full of boxes, no doubt left over stock from the burnt shop. The new shop is currently being built and probably won’t be open for another few weeks. That wasn’t going to help me.
So I tried another computer store about 10 minutes in the other direction from my apartment. When I got there I noticed that it was closed, and had only realized it was 10 past 10 in the morning, and most small shops were still closed. Instead of hanging around, seeing as it could open within 5 minutes or a couple of hours depending on how the owner felt, I moved downtown to a computer store that I knew would be open. I popped into a random crap store (one I had never been to but had passed many time before) on the way there, resisted the urge to buy anything (I could have easily walked out with a hundred dollars worth of crap) and managed to pick up a cheap $10 (AUD) keyboard. Nothing special, but it has, as displayed in the picture, Korean characters.
You try typing Korean without them!
The day went relatively quickly. I’d like to personally congratulate our head teacher at the school for, once again, after promising changes to all classes, and giving me a break (for when I do get back from my trip), not delivering in any of them. Not only are we all keeping the same classes, but she’s made changes that have even made some of the other teachers raise their eyebrows. Moving a troublesome student from a small, manageable class, to a large, rowdy class for one. Her reason; she thinks I can manage him better then any other teacher. Pfft. Not in class of 12 missy!
I can’t help but think what the hell she does with her time. Not only did she not make noticeable changes to classes (aside from the one above, questionable at best) but she’s moved a few classes down books when they need to go up. I don’t know, I shouldn’t care, but I do. Hard not to when you see the kids almost every day for the last 2 years.
Oh well.

David

1 Comments:

  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    poo poo and pee pee you bastard


    THE ANDONG UNIVERSITY PHANTOM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home