David and The Lingering Sadness...

Sunday, December 03, 2006

First Snow of My Life

Another week rolls around and now its merely 1 week before I head off home. Today, apparently, was also the first snow in Andong. I know this because my Australian friend just outside of Andong sent me an SMS this morning saying so. I quickly looked out the window, and while I didn’t at first see anything, I noticed something small drifting down from the sky. Now it was either a very small snow flake or my eyes were playing tricks on me, but for her sake I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt and say it was snow. So here we are, December 1, and the first snow of the season.
My weekend is looking interesting, without being too hectic. I still have a few last minute (week) things I need to do before I head off home, but nothing too urgent. I’ll be traveling light taking only my large backpack and not the suitcase as I did last year. Now that was a hassle on the subways!
On Saturday I’m taking the girlfriend to a nice romantic dinner at a restaurant I know just outside of Andong in Pungsan (풍산, about 20~25 minutes). I plan on going by taxi with her, but getting back may be a different story altogether. I asked one of my Korean friends if you can call a taxi, as you would in Australia, and she said you could, but its very expensive. Not that it would deter me, but I wouldn’t want to pay a huge fee for a short 15 minute ride back into town. I could hire a car, but I don’t have my license and it would cost probably 2 or 3 times more regardless.
The bike is another option, but is that really romantic? And, I don’t really want to ride with someone on the back, its just too dangerous, especially if its going to start snowing on me. I wouldn’t even go into how cold it’ll be!
Sunday, well, I’ll just take that one as it comes. I’m hoping for a relaxing day. Maybe walk around Andong’s small town square and see if there’s any last minute shopping, and catch a movie or two.
Oh, I just saw online that regular Apple iPod earphones are $48. $48!? you’ve got to be joking right?
Today is also Day 1 of the second Test between Australia and England in the cricket. After the first Test (which for the most part was lob-sided) I expect a much improved English performance, so fingers crossed that Australia can start off well. I’ll be getting right back into the cricket when I get home and have already penciled in a few games to watch back home at the WACA.
Ok, time for a nice hot shower!

David

1 Comment »
Now she’s being referred to as “the girlfriend” - the cat is out of the bag.
Apple must use a very expensive brand of white paint for everyone to look like an idiot. Or tosser. Whatever.

Comment by Hammy — 1/12/2006 - Friday @ 8:39 pm

2 Comments:

  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't whatever such a beautiful word and hasn't it been so well used by Hammy. Or Cuntface. Or Jerkstain. Whatever.

     
  • At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When has Davids' weekendend ever not been "surprisingly empty, relatively unhectic, or Thankfully empty", that last is my favourite
    Oh well. Whatever.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home