David and The Lingering Sadness...

Friday, September 29, 2006

My trip to North Korea

Earlier this year I had the rare and wonderful honour of taking a tour to one of the last "unknown" places in the world...NORTH KOREA! Over the next few weeks I hope to post a number of pictures from my fantastic adventure, and hopefully you can all gain a sense of what it felt like to be there. Here is my first album, Me, Statues, Soldiers and children...enjoy.
Yours truly standing standing in front of a HUGE statue, actually its about 10 kilometers away from where I was standing.


Hanging with some "kiddies" on the local train service, smiles all around on a great day!


Me with a border guard Mr.Kwang, a really great guy who let me wear his hat. He was soo funny, he asked me to pull his finger and he passed wind!!!!


Finally....yours truly in front of "the great man" Kim Il-Sung forever guarding the vibrant and prosperous city of Pyeoungyong! I sooo look forward to posting the rest of my photos which may be scattered over the next few weeks.

*hugs*

Simon

15 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home