David and The Lingering Sadness...

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Thats Mr. Gae to you...

Fujitsu class was back on again this morning and after class I went for NokCha (green tea) with some of the women I train with, during our chitchat the ladies decided I should have a korean name.

Ive been toying with the idea of adapting a korean name for some time but the opportunity has never come up, so I was pleased and honoured that they would suggest it.

After some consultation, they decided I should have the family name of "Gae" of the dog family.
and the first name of "Sae-ki", youthful, childlike.
I understand the dog is a highly revered symbol in the korean culture, and although not one of the chinese zodiac characters apparently almost made it. Anyway the dog represents wisdom, loyalty and (filial peity??) and Sae-ki represents my youthful exuberance.

I am so happy that they would think of me that way, and I'm sure the news will quickly travel through Jechon, and make my stay here all the more enjoyable.
I cant wait for my students to find out!

So here I am "Gae Sae-Ki"

YAY!!!!!!!!

Simon

11 Comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't Koreans eat dog for every meal?
    That doesn't show much respect to me.
    Do you think the old women want to eat you? Metaphorically speaking. Consume your intelligence and good nature.

     
  • At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, koreans eat dog for every meal. They also sleep standing up and their assholes are on sideways.

    THE ANDONG UNIVERSITY PHANTOM

     
  • At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where's Austraila? I was looking on the map the other day, and I couldn't find it.
    My map was in Korean, though, so maybe that's why I couldn't find it.
    Levi Cobb

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They weren't takin' the piss, were they, Simon, because if my kiwi eyes are reading correctly, gae sounds an awful lot like gay (queer). I realize you profess to be in love with S, and that's fine with me, and even if S were a man, I wouldn't care. The point is that you gotta be on the look-out for people who want to label you a fag, and not only label you as such, but trick you into telling everyone, too. Be careful

    A.M. 80 boom

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think its on the west coast

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the west coast of what?

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    duuno, but its coastal

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Australia is in the bottom corner of the map, because it's not important and is full of ciminals. Of course, Britain is top middle. God put it there. So, we, the British, can look down on our loyal subjects.

     
  • At 4:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If I knew were you were John Bull I'd come over and rip your fucking head off!

     
  • At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    too right Wally
    and id root is missus in the back of me ute!

     
  • At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Name the time and the place. You bald-headed, pot-bellied ponce.
    Or, if you prefer, you can catch me at your place, 7pm every Friday, hanging out of your Missus.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home