David and The Lingering Sadness...

Monday, September 25, 2006

How to be good?

This post could actually be titled, 'Why I'm so moral'

When everyone around you seems to succumb to the temptations of the devil, it is very hard to remain true to yourself and the beliefs you hold dear. Just this last weekend, I was out drinking with P, who has a girlfriend (two to be precise, in different countries).

After a pleasant meal of Muck Gook Poo, in which, yes, I did indulge in two classes of the strong stuff (Sujo). Which did leave me feeling a little light headed. We headed to a booking club, with an elder Korean friend, let's just call him Kevin. These 'Booking Clubs' go against everything I believe in, especially my feminist sympathies.

What basically happens is, you get a table and then get waiters to bring (drag) female clubbers of your choice over to your table. These girls obviously don't want to do this (despite paying a lot of money to get into a club where they know exactly what is going to happen), so obviously don't come quietly. Now, the girls we got were obviously not impressed by Kevin and P's overbearing sleazy approach and quicl;y shunned them. BUT, my excellent grasp of Korean language and culture obviously overwhelmed them. I could have taken any number of them home with me. And, if sex was all I was concerned about (like the others) I would have. I am just not comfortable with meeting a lady in these circumstances and am infinitely dubious of their intentions.

Do they just want me for my body? For novelty? What?

I decided to remain true to my principles and go home alone. I need to wait for that magic moment with the right girl. It will come, I just have to BELIEVE.

The D man.

P.s. Kevin and P both succumbed to temptation and I'm sure they felt hollow inside the next morning.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sensitivity and kindess are about as usefull as a shoe full of thumb tacks. Women want a man who thinks only of himself and beats the piss out of her when she's bad.

    THE ANDONG UNIVERSITY PHANTOM

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    D man, my dear. You sound like the submissive sort.
    Maybe, you need a real woman like me to teach you some lessons.

    Be my bitch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home