David and The Lingering Sadness...

Saturday, September 23, 2006

I need a little love . . .

. . . like I've never needed love before.

The thing about living in a foreign country, is that you are isolated from all the people you love and who love you. When you just want to go home at night and have that special somebody put their arm around, but all you've got is your overweight, homosexual (not that I have a problem with gays) Australian (or criminals) housemate, things start to get on top of you.

This sense of isolation was only heightened this week, when, the girl who I have been casually dating, Ming-Er, stood me up . . . AGAIN! Her brother had just been killed in a car accident, an hour before we were due to meet, but all it takes is just one little phone call. Hell! I'd even have accepted a text message in her broken English. (My Korean is perfect, so why they can't get English right is beyond me).

Anyway, I think it's about time I started looking out for number one (me.) I have to realise I have so much love and affection to give the right girl, if they don't want it, well, let's face it, it's their problem. It really irks me, when people Like Mr. P (the American in my town, name changed for legal reasons) can pick up anybody he likes, just because he is tall, blond and handsome. I truely believe women are not really impressed by these features and as they mature, will realise that he is hollow and shallow and will only hurt them. Then, they will realise were the true man is and where they can get "REAL LOVE." Because after all, that's what makes the world go around.

Hopefully soon, 2>1. (2= me and a young lady, by the way. 1=us becoming united in love)

The D man.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're on the right track Dman, just keep looking out for number one and it will work tself out, remember what David has always said 'nice guys always finish last' teres truth in that, and you may have to put up with the reality for awhile until that special someone comes along
    I love you man

     
  • At 5:06 PM, Blogger Bar Bar Butt said…

    Thanks Si!
    I love you, too. But, not in a gay way.
    Why do nice guys like you and me always finish last? If a girl would just give me a chance, I could show that kind sensitive, slightly spontanous side, that lies just beneath the surface.

    D man

     
  • At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gag me with a rubber spoon. Sensitivity and kindess are about as useful as a shoe full of thumb tacks. Women want a man who thinks only about himself and beats the piss out of her when she's bad.

    THE ANDONG UNIVERSITY PHANTOM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home