David and The Lingering Sadness...

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

People The World Could Just Do Without!

Let me appologize in advance--this might get ugly.

Okay sleezy aussie, A, no--Adam Copper, I'll use your real name, because you obviously have no sense of decency, so why should I treat you with any.
I really think the problem most people have with me is that I'm too honest. If there's something you're doing, and I don't like it, I'm GOING to tell you. That's just the way I am, and people can either get used to it, or not be around me.

So, yeah, my run the other day was great. I meet ADAM down by the lake, and he's standing there trying to have this conversation with two korean girls, and from a distance I can hear how badly he's speaking korean, and I can tell that the two girls are NOT impressed, but he's being really touchy, and overbearing, and you know how polite koreans are, so they put up with it. Like they haven't had sleezy western guys hit on them before. When he sees me coming he gets this big grin on his face, and gestures toward me, so the girls he's talking to look, and I can tell they want to leave. But Adam starts yelling, introducing these girls to me, and telling them I'm his friend: "chingu chingu." Ummmm, right.

And the girls look at me in this help-me way, so I approach them quickly, and start speaking korean, very fast, so ADAM won't understand a word, not that he'd understand anything if I spoke slowly, but I didn't even want him to pick up a word. I apologize for his conduct and make it a point to stand there and talk to them for at least 5 minutes, while ADAM stands by watching with his mouth open in awe. UMMMM, yeah. I've done a little more in the last three years than go out and get drunk and eat anjew at hofs. And then I politely say goodbye to the girls, who were much calmer in their leaving than they had been 5 minutes before with ADAM slobbering on them.

After they leave. I'm disgusted. I just want to get this run over and go home, but ADAM decides to light up a cigarette, and ask me questions, like how did I learn so much korean. Studying. Or what were the girls names. Umm, kim sul-young, and park young-il. And did I mind if he smoked his cigarette before we went running. Yeah.

That was it. I'd had enough. So I just start running as fast as I can, and I can hear ADAM try to keep up with me, but just like our korean speaking levels are different, so are our running levels. Before too long, I can't hear his steps anymore, but I do hear him shout some australian slang insult that I can barely hear because I'm so far ahead of him now.

When I get home, there's a message on my answering machine--it's ADAM, acting as though everything was a big joke--no idiot. it wasn't. sorry. I'm not your friend. Leave me alone. He's a person the world could do without.

Well I'm off to make this week's lesson plans.

Bye for now

Chucks

1 Comments:

  • At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You go Chuckles!
    Its sooo good to hear you laying it down especially after the troubles youve been having with confidence the last few years You really told that guy and thats a good step furward
    by the way...you didnt tell me how well you can talk to korean girls! naughtynaughty*lol*
    can we go running together sometime when you get home?????

    *hugs*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home