David and The Lingering Sadness...

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Who's lost that lovin' feelin' ? bring it on back!

There's a girl in my office who is deliberatly ignoring me, and instead of finding it attractive, it's making me think she a real bitch, and I'm probably not even going to ask her out anymore. I'd planned on taking her to a duck golbi place within the next week or two, and based on our conversations, which we were having on a daily basis before this silent treatment, she was keen to go, but now, I don't think I will ask her at all. I hate it when girls do that sort of thing. Excuse my rant, but she gave a half smile earlier and I just ignored her, and this has been brewing in my head all day.

I'm going for a run tonight--no, not because I need to, but because I don't want to look like I need to--, and I'm supposed to meet A at about 7:30. I've been running with him lately. A's a new foreigner in town, and he's sorta latched on to me, and seroiusly, it's starting to get annoying. He's a nice guy, but who really want's to lead a new person through town and answer all his inane questions, and show him everything, and after all that, have beers on friday. And he smokes, and he's been to my place, which I wasn't comfortable with, and he just lit up a cigarette in my apartment. You guys know I've only got a one room, so you can imagine how awful the smell still is. So I think toniight, I'll say something to him, in an indirect way, about how much he's annoying me, and maybe he'll get the hint, but I'm not very confident he will. He's from Australia, and he just seems like one of those stupid guys who comes to korea just to meet women, and not work. If he doesn't get the hint, I'll make it plain.

K called me last night from California. He's doing well. He's staying at his sisters and is thinking about starting back up at Berkley. He was doing a degree in anthropology, before he dropped out, so I'm thinking he'll continue with that, and with his minor in philosophy. Everything he's into is so abstract and complicated, but I like that about him. He said he'll be getting a job with his sister until next semester, then he hopes he'll be off to school. He also informed me that Kerouac's on the road will be re-released in it's manuscript form in decmber. I can't wait.

Well, I've got to work up the nerve to go for a run with A. Wish me luck

Sigh

Chuck

1 Comments:

  • At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chuck you should put yourself in A's shoes; what was it like when you first ventured into a foreign country? hes probably scared and a little confused and theres every chance that he's also in love with you
    all the runs and time you spend together might be allowing him to build an unhealthy attachment to you. as you mentioned he is a filthy smoker so hes already proved an inclination to venture down the wrong path
    you need to confront him about the issues, his unhealthy dependence on you, the smoking, and the homosexuality, ive noticed you have a link to 'queer eye korea' on this blog so theres a good chance he thinks youre one too
    as for the girl at work try and find some time alone with her and grab her arse, dont just touch it give it a real squeeze and then a slap, when she turns around lick your lips and point at your crotch, trust me that'll work ive had a number of men approach me in the office that way and it makes me hot

     

Post a Comment

<< Home