David and The Lingering Sadness...

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Birthday Blues

Today, as I presumed you all knew was my birthday. It was a big one as well. That's right, I'm 27. The BIG 2 - 7.

Guess what?????????????? Nobody remembered. Not even my mother. This, is despite the fact I've been reminding everybody I know (and lot's of people I don't know) that today would be my birthday, for the past few months. (Since last years debacle, Rocky horror show fancy dress - downtown - I was the only one to dress up)

The teachers at the school I teach in didn't mention it; Even when I came back from Rome Baguette with my own birthday cake and proceeded to sing happy birthday to myself, before accidently setting fire to the streamers that come out of the party poppers I let off. BANG - WHOOSH - FIRE - still nobody batted an eyelid.

I was going to offer the cake around, but I don't think Korean people like cream cake infused with burnt streamers. So, I ate it all myself, even my pet beetle Makali refused it.

Birthdays have always been a big event to me, I don't know how people can be so apothetic about such a momentus event. I think it goes back to when I was a child. I once had a party back in WA were the whole school turned up. I think they were too young to understand the concept of birthdays and instead of giving me presents, they stole my tricycle, space hopper and SNES. A simple misunderstanding for 16 year olds to make. The point was they all turned up for ME, because I was - sorry AM so popular. Deaf Danny even stayed behind to play musical chairs with me (Yes, he won).

I can only presume that it's you guys in my 'blog brigade' who have organised a special surprise party for me in Seoul tomorrow night. Come on guys you can let on now. Everybody will be there, won't they? That has to be the explanation, it's not really a blog meeting.

It all makes sense now.

Happy Birthday to me.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brother I've been there
    Happy Birthday, all of us in the blogging community love you
    take care bro

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dudes.... I was kinda bored tonight and folloed your link to the "queen for a year" site, goddamn that girl be ugly
    I'm feeling totally sick now you hear
    later

     

Post a Comment

<< Home