David and The Lingering Sadness...

Monday, December 04, 2006

A wonderful 24 hours.

Saturday, December 2nd, 2006
Written by: David @ 11:25 pm
What a fucking awesome 24 hours I’ve had. Last night I went out with Aaron and my taekwondo teacher for a bit of Korean barbeque, some flavored soju, and some beer. While that in itself is nothing spectacular we managed to meet a couple of new foreigners in Andong who, apparently, had been living here for the past 7 or so months and not really met too many other foreigners. We talked for a few hours and they seem like nice people, so we exchanged numbers and we’ll catch up sometime next week for a meal.
I actually plan on organizing a little get together sometime this week before I head off to Australia on Saturday. Nothing big, just a few friends, and as it would seem, a couple of new friends too.
After our beers we walked home and noticed that it had snowed, lightly, but enough for significant amounts to have accumulated on car and roof tops. Being the juvenile so-and-so that I am I could resist making snowballs and pounding my taekwondo teacher and Aaron, of which they both fought back. And of course the night wouldn’t be complete without writing swear words in the snow on cars, both in English and Korean. Oh well, nice to see my youth hasn’t left me completely.
Today I got up latish, had a nice warm shower and went out to do a bit of shopping. As I had mentioned before I had planned on taking the girl out to a fancy restaurant out of town. After consulting with all my Korean friends, they told me that perhaps it wasn’t a good idea to rely on taxis getting there and back. Aside from costing a small fortune, you couldn’t guarantee that they would actually take me there to begin with.
So we spent the afternoon listening to music in the apartment before going out later on for a Japanese sushi meal (conveyor belt food!). She also, surprisingly, bought me a whole bunch of gifts for Christmas. I had told her before that I would bring her back something nice from Australia when I got back, and still plan to. I did buy her some very expensive chocolates and half a dozen beautiful roses. She was impressed.
We spent the rest of the night watching a movie and enjoying each other’s company.
You can just feel something in the air…
Tomorrow I have no plans. So I’m going to see if my cash card is working, for whatever reason I couldn’t take any money out tonight from the ATM, so its a bit of a concern.
Umm… and I might see her again… *going red*
6 Comments »
Hi David!Well, I believe this is my first comment on your blog, and I am quite ashamed, because I’ve been reading for at least a year(can’t believe how time flies…!!!)I’ve enjoyed reading all your adventures in Korea (including North) and China. It’s all very interesting to me, I’ve never been to any asian country except a few hours stopovers at airports on the way to Europe!Also of course read about all the ‘girl trouble’, and have wanted to make comments sometimes, but first of all it’s all quite personal of course, and secondly, I met my husband at 16, and am still happy with him 8 years later, ha ha, so I am very lucky indeed, and well, it’s a bit to easy for me to say something like ‘don’t worry, it’ll all work itself out!!Anyway….. congrats on ‘the girl’, and I hope it keeps going very well for you! And enjoy the trip back to Perth, and I see you have my blog in your sidebar (thanks!), so hopefully you’ll have plenty of fun stuff to do!Will you be here for the bloggers meetup, it’s on the 13th? You should go, and so should every other Perth blogger reading this :p I was thinking of skipping for once (have been to all in the last 6 or so months!), but it’s too much fun, and I never have anything on a Wednesday night anyway….
so, maybe seeyou!And otherwise have a great holiday!And now I’ve gotten past the hurdle of this first comment(silly me), I’ll leave a comment more often!:)
Simone
Comment by Simone — 3/12/2006 - Sunday @ 3:50 pm
No writing your name in the snow? You’ve obviously graduated beyond the most juvenile stage….
Comment by daeguowl — 3/12/2006 - Sunday @ 10:04 pm
Simone: Thanks for leaving a comment. Its always nice to have some feedback or hear what other people have to say regarding my posts and their own personal experience. Please feel free to leave as many as you like.
DaeguOwl: Only took 28 years…
Comment by David — 3/12/2006 - Sunday @ 10:35 pm
Woa! I remember when you were 23 turning 24!!! what the?!?! I feel really old! Though I know you’d definatley remember me turning 19 too!! (and I’m almost 24 now!! holy cow!). Funny thing - I don’t feel any different from when I was 20 (aside from perhaps my weight. Meh) do you feel like that?
Glad to hear you had a lovely weekend/date! Roses and chocolates! How romantic! I’m so jealous!
Comment by Paris — 4/12/2006 - Monday @ 8:10 am
Paris: All girls deserve roses and chocolates And yeah, I am an old git. Then again, only as old as the girl ……
Comment by David — 4/12/2006 - Monday @ 10:02 am
I shall make note of roses and chocolates and make sure I get them toot sweet!
Comment by Paris — 4/12/2006 - Monday @ 11:15 am

7 Comments:

  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Im gonna puke

     
  • At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yep...i did too
    all over my pants

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel a heartbreaking post coming on. One where David's 'girlfriend' gets freaked out because he tries to bring the relationship to the next level. The next level being... the point where she's willing to acknowlege the fact that they are not just friends.

    P the S
    Chew some poo David

    THE ANDONG UNIVERSITY PHANTOM

     
  • At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is the first time I have actually been sick from just reading text. David likes feedback? Why did he ban all my feedback? It was much more constructive than that fucking Simone bitch.

     
  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    In fact, why did he ban the whole of Gangwon-Do. Fat little Aussie prick. Girls don't like roses and chocolate, they big cocks and big back hand slaps.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fuck he annoys you guys and you only read his stupid blog. I have to live with him. And I cant meet any of the other foreigners because nobody likes him. Id really appreciate it if you guys could kick the shit out of him. When your finished, please ring me up cuz im fucking going crazy

     
  • At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You yellow toothed fucks. How does it feel? You are the sorriest bunch of assholes ever to play cricket.

    England is terrible at every sport. Im curious to see what you'll change the subject to now that we've destroyed you once again. Something about Criminals being sent to Australia or some other form of bullshitish nonsense?

    We've agreed that cricket is all that matters we got the champions trophy.... and now it seems we rule the test competitions as well.

    eat puke

     

Post a Comment

<< Home