David and The Lingering Sadness...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A good morning at home

Yes it has been awhile....
the last two weeks have been a blur of travel, I've definitely had enough of buses for awhile! I'll fill you in with snippets over the next few posts

where should i start?

well in the end after much debilleration I decided to 'bite the bullet' and take the trip to Seoul and meet the Staypufff gang. After the week I'd had previously I thought it a good idea to leave my comfort zone and 'blow out the cobwebs' in a new environment, and although it was a mixed time, in hindsight it was probibly a good idea

I'm not going to get into too much detail this post about the occasion, i will say it was good to finally meet Chuck, "Dman" and who I think was El Ray, although he didnt introduce himself to me.
We had a good few beers, mine mixed with soda of course, and Dman blew out his candles.
Afetr the long trip there i was sleepy and went to bed before the others, it was a good time, althouggh I will say, Chuck, I never want to meet your friend Adam again, he may be a nice guy but THAT behavior was totally uncalled for.

Anyway back on the home front, this morning I was to meet my special friend S at 8o'clock for another wee study session, her big english presentation is due next week so I agreed to help her iron out some of the wrinkles
She was to come to my house, and with the lounge room out of the picture (due to Tony having another 'big night' which i REFUSED to clean up) I got up at 6:45 and set up a nice little study area on the floor of my bedroom (bold, i know), complete with an asian coffee table, pillows, juice, and crackers with cheese!
after an hour setting up the space I was feeling quite proud and a little exhausted,
so when I got a call from S at 7:55 saying she'd slept in and couldnt make it I was understandably a little disappointed, but I said that was fine and we'd meet tomorrow

I dont mind when S cancels on me, i know how busy she is, but I'm concerned about fujitsu, I know that MrHong, although not speaking to me, has his heart set on me completing the second sego by November and its going to be a struggle at this rate.

So after a 5minute lie down I packed up the crackers and juice to return to the refridgerater,
as I opened the door into the hallway Tony's door opened at the same time, something which NEVER happens before 12, and who should walk out but S!!!
Of course i initially felt the worst and began to shake uncontrollably, but S quickly explained the situation.
It turns out she hadnt slept in this morning but was woken by her mom early and had to drive her grandmother to the hospital, she'd had no time to have a shower, and was still wearing her clothes from yesterday and after waiting for an hour for her grandmas diabetes tablets she realised she'd left her work keys with her friend who'd given them to Tony, so she sneaked up to his room to get them, and didnt want to disturb us!

what a sweet girl, I can't understand why she couldnt just tell me the truth, i could have got the keys for her and saved her the walk up the stairs!
Oh well! I spent the rest of the morning 'vegging out' in front of the box, something which has been long overdue.

Tony got up at 12 as usual in a rare good mood, he whistled in the shower, and even cleaned up the mess in the lounge!
afterwards he took me out for Mandu and Ramen, over which we had a great chat.
I've never seen him so happy!
"Whats with you Tony?" I asked as we were walking back home, "I've never seen you in such a good mood!"
"I just woke up on the right side of the bed SiGuy!" he said, "todays a good day and youre one of the good guys!"
"you too buddy!" I said.

I get the feeling things are gonna be a lot better around the house from now on.

Simon

5 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Simon, your are such a gentlemen. I wish I had your patience and strong faith in humanity. You sound like the ideal flatmate. By the way, did you ever sort out that issue in the sauna with Mr. Hong? I'd love to know how things are with you both.

    regards
    loyal fan

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Simon, when S came out of Tony's room, did she appear to have just been shagged?

    THE ANDONG UNIVERSITY PHANTOM

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hahaha Simon.. remember the time Tony pissed all over your freshly washed clothes? He's such a card.

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Simon, I presume this is you. I stumbled upon this website by chance and the similarities are too striking to ignore.

    This is Tony, by the way. I told you to stop harrassing my girl. I'm serious, she said no. She only said she might meet you for lunch, because you broke down and cried, then threatened to kill yourself and her, if she didn't agree to meet you.

    Why are you in complete denial? I've told you a thousand times, we are doing it man. For God's sake, our bedrooms are next door you must have heard the headboard banging all night (just call me Mr. 5 times).

    You know I carry a piece Simon, so don't fuck with me or her any more. You hear me? This is your final warning.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You guys all think youre pretty smart, but you dont, like, understand the situation.
    The explanation is really simple, so yeah, like, W.H.A.T.E.V.E.R

     

Post a Comment

<< Home